Thursday, November 26, 2009

Feels Like Home

22 days until my return home.

This return is incredibly bittersweet for me. I have come to love Texas...the warm weather...the Texas sky...but most of all the wonderful people. I have met some very dear friends that will forever hold a spot in my heart.

I have loved this adventure of moving into the unknown. I moved down not knowing a single soul. I have learned how to build a life on my own, entertain myself, and find new friends. I have proved to myself that I will always be ok. No matter what life has in store for me, I will be ok.

I move home in 3 weeks, a deadline that seems all too far away, yet doesn't give me enough time with the ones I love here. I move back with optimism, with hope...even though the realistic side of me is scared to death. I do not know what home will bring me. I am hoping it's a smooth transition back to the life that I had before...with the same amazing friends and family. But I move back with the challenge of something new.

I have successfully been single for the past three years, a few relationships here and there (of which I don't take lightly, but are not the magnitude of the one I return to). I have loved my single life, always being able to do the things I want to do, never really having to think of my consequences. I have been able to come and go as I please, and enjoy every bit of meeting new people and taking on new adventures.

I wanted to travel the country, learn about other people, see how the rest of the world lived. I thought that I would be able to blend in with those around me. I thought that I would have a million friends, a million opportunities wherever I went. However, I have learned that fitting in is hard, and finding true friends is difficult. I have been fortunate to find them here, but wonder if I could do it all again in a new location.

But I'm going home. I'm going to where all feels normal and safe. But I don't feel safe at all. I'm heading into a new adventure that has no security at all. I'm basing my decisions on what someone else is telling me...the things I've wanted to hear. But I'm heading to where it feels like home. I'm home with him. I'm home in his arms. I'm home in his words. Everything about him screams home to me. We all want to be home, we all long for that one sense of belonging. I want to belong to someone, not everyone. I want to belong to him.

Love you all, keep your forks

No comments:

Post a Comment